Prestige Healthcare products suitable for diabetics
If you have been diagnosed with Diabetes then there are certain things that you need to pay attention to with regard to choosing products for yourself. This is particularly the case when purchasing footwear.
Why? Because Diabetes can cause various complications which can mean that you need to avoid shoes that are too tight. So footwear that is deemed suitable for diabetics will have less prominent seams and stitching that can potentially cause rubbing. The shoes may also need have extra width and depth to accommodate swelling.
Our advice is to:
- Avoid shoes with pointed toes.
- Don’t buy shoes with too flat a sole or high heels because they don’t allow for even distribution of foot pressure.
- Look for styles that have soft insoles.
- Choose leather, canvas, or suede styles to allow adequate circulation of air. Don’t buy plastic or other materials that don’t allow the shoe to ”breathe.”
- Look for such features as laces, buckles, or Velcro. These make it easier to adjust the shoe.
We recommend a diabetic sock is a non-restrictive, but close fitting sock which is designed to alleviate pressures on the foot or leg.
You can also look into the YDA and Berkemann ranges.