Strong fibreglass support in the insole to give extra support and stability to the foot (rocker sole)
Springboard system ensures less friction when worn, yet still remaining ultra-light.
Strengthened support at the back of the shoe again for added support and stability for the ankle.
Seam free inner lining, the shoe is a ideal in prevention of ulceration for diabetics
Removable insoles, allow for bespoke orthotics to be added.
YDA shoes are recommended for the following conditions:
- Diabetic Foot Ulcer prevention, and other common forefoot diseases.
- Recommended for Diabetics type 1 and type 2 for people with foot at no risk, at risk (neuropathy and or vasculopathy) and at high risk (neuropathy and/or vasculopathy + minor deformity) (IWGDF 2015).
- Those that suffer from Hallux valgus, Hallux Rigidus & Hallux Limitus,
- Restricted range of movement of the forefoot.
- Fractures of the metatarsal bones where support is needed
Habitual toe walkers
- Patients who wear orthotics and require additional support
- Painful feet and Plantar fasciitis, Ligament injuries of the forefoot
- Post-surgical operations, where extra support is needed
- Toe amputations.
- Patient with Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatoid arthritis