YDA Activity Shoes
YDA, Your Daily Activity shoes with a patented system that allows the redistribution of forces and helps the propulsion of the foot during ambulation. The upper is made of a new technology fabric with safe stitching that protects the feet from shearing forces.
David G. Armstrong, DPM, MD, PhD is a Professor of Surgery and Director at the Southwestern Academic Limb Salvage Alliance (SALSA) and at Keck School of Medicine at University of Southern California, explains why the YDA footwear is so effective.
YDA are extra wide, extra deep
Strong fibreglass support in the insole to give extra support and stability to the foot (rocker sole) with a springboard system ensures less friction when worn, yet still remaining ultra-light.
They also have a strengthened support at the back of the shoe again for added support and stability for the ankle.
With a seam free inner lining, the shoe is a ideal in prevention of ulceration for diabetics. They also do not rub on the metatarsal joints, ideal for patients with a hallux valgus deformities.
Removable insoles, allow for bespoke orthotics to be added.YDA shoes are recommended for the following conditions:
- Diabetic Foot Ulcer prevention, and other common forefoot diseases.
- Recommended for Diabetics type 1 and type 2 for people with foot at no risk, at risk (neuropathy and or vasculopathy) and at high risk (neuropathy and/or vasculopathy + minor deformity) (IWGDF 2015).
- Those that suffer from Hallux valgus, Hallux Rigidus & Hallux Limitus,
- Restricted range of movement of the forefoot. Fractures of the metatarsal bones where support is needed
- Habitual toe walkers
- Patients who wear orthotics and require additional support
- Painful feet and Plantar fasciitis, Ligament injuries of the forefoot,
- Post-surgical operations, where extra support is needed,
- Toe amputations.
- Patient with Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatoid arthritis